Sunroom: A Satisfying Space
Do you have a space in your home that you’d love to love to use? This three season room was just that. Thankfully the client was able to see past some insufficiencies and invite in the possibility of loving this space again!
To begin with, it’s structure was inefficient – The poorly framed windows allowed the cold weather to come inside making the room virtually unusable in winter. The windows as well as the ceiling beam were reframed to match the existing wood on the walls. This also blocked off the gaps in the room.
The client wanted this updated space to be functional, comfortable, and coordinate with their recently remodeled kitchen and dining area (this room is visible from those areas):
- We tore out the existing carpet and installed a beautiful textured carpet in a neutral/gold tone.
- A new ceiling fan was installed.
- We selected two new lamps to provide for ample lighting around the room.
- The two custom chairs, and the sofa’s throw pillows, were made up in fabric which coordinated with the cherry finish on the kitchen cabinetry, and the new dining room set.
- I had the custom sofa upholstered in a plush beige fabric to balance out all the other color which was added throughout the room.
- I also added a square ottoman in a nubby oatmeal colored fabric for additional seating.
- A custom round end table with a matching coffee table were added, in a rich espresso stain, with distressed finish.
The furniture which I selected was very low profile so the gorgeous view from the three sides of windows wasn’t obstructed. This room became a functional, comfortable and updated room that my clients are now able to enjoy!